Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Thanks to everyone for all their nice comments on the film awards. And also thanks to everyone for their criticisms too. It will help us make them better the next time.

My opinions.

1. Nobody could have done a better job than Hard Rust.

Think about it. It's hard to get ANYONE to do ANYTHING in Second Life.

And still the man got us 8...count them...8!!!!....judges who watched over 100 movies and rated a dozen categories ON TIME. My only request to him was to get a VARIERTY of well known people who weren't in our group...but still could understand our work. And as tough as that was to do, he did it.

Also, he and his wife made a huge sacrifice not submitting any entries for themselfs. It was a very noble thing to do. And i don't think enough people appreciate how much they gave up.

This was an impossible and thankless. He did the really, really hard job. Maybe that's how he got his name :)


2. It was right to announce the judges this time. But not next time.

Some people thought it was a mistake to announce the judges before the awards. Maybe so. But since this was the first time we did it, I thought it was important for everybody to see it wasn't just me or Hard judging things. That we really got an impressive group of people. I think that buys us goodwill for next year. And I think then we can keep their names quiet until the results are in.

3. I wish there were no entries that I worked on. But it wasn't practical.

I worked on over 40 movies last year. I didn't


4. Respect the Lag Monster!

If you have a really big group of people, you will crash a sim. So as hard as we tried to limit tickets, we may have to be even tougher next time. I wanted to film the event. But I crashed so many times it was impossible. I think we'll spend a little more time working on this problem next time.


5. People will know what to expect next time.

Nobody new how this would work. Nobody ever submitted an entry.


6. Need more time between nominations and the show


7. Sponsorships and Ticket Auctions could help us raise more money
Something to work on next time.

8.

No comments:

Post a Comment